Friday, October 10, 2008

Designing in 2008

I am in an ongoing effort to develop a library of design related digital images for inspiration and reference. I’m very interested in design and try to use my camera to remember the details that have a strong architectural character, as well as capture picturesque moments and spaces that are brought about by architecture. Design for me, at this point in my career is mainly about the technical aspects of putting buildings together and successful detailing. The examples of great architecture in my image library are mainly the result of having the details work and support the conceptual side of the design. With the use of a blog, I can organize numerous images and share them very easily.

A recent project under construction is an office building for LLOG Exploration, LLC in Covington, LA. This project is to be open in March 2009. I handled the detailing of the exterior envelope with the firm, Eskew + Dumez + Ripple.

No comments: